Monday, January 7, 2013

Potty Training..

I have been talking to my son about the potty and the whole process since he was about 18 months old. In the beginning he loved sitting on the potty but after a while he didn't want anything to do with it. A few of my mommy friends told me that he probably wasn't ready yet so I decided to take a break. As soon as he turned two (Sept. 30th) I decided that it was time to give potty training another try. He was excited the first few days because I bought him one of those character seats that you put on a regular toilet. After a few days once again he wanted nothing to do with potty training so I bought him some big boy undies and thought maybe those would help but I was wrong. I started rewarding him with his favorite snacks, Letting him watch his shows while on the potty, singing songs, reading books but nothing I do seems to interest him so now I'm out of ideas and about ready to pull my hair out!! :( I received a call today from early preschool informing me that they had an open slot for my son but he has to be potty trained. I have no idea how I am going to get him fully potty trained by the end of February but I'm crossing my fingers that he learns soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment